Friday 11 May 2012

My 'The Amazing Spider-Man' thoughts

I've been a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid and was watching the cartoon on Fox Kids (anyone remember that?) and have loved him ever since. Now I know there has been a trilogy of films before, but other than the first one I didn't really enjoy them for a couple of reasons. One being that he didn't have fucking web shooters, which just goes against the whole idea of Peter Parker being a genius, but that's another story. When 'The Amazing Spider-Man' was announced I was willing to give it another chance, mainly because I long for a good Spidey film, but also because I loved (500) Days of Summer and wanted to see what Marc Webb could do with the webhead. Now I knew it could always could go either way, but I always thought in the back of my mind it would be good. My faith has just slightly been reassured with the new trailer. This is mainly due to seeing The Lizard/Curt Connors. From the trailer, it's looking like he has the exact personality of Curt Connors/The Lizard from the comics and Rhys Ifans has great potential to pull of the the mad scientist. The other key point from the trailer that really brought my attention was seeing the little knife quip that he made. This was genuinely funny and exactly like he should be, unlike Raimi's films.



Yes, I know this is all hope, but I truly have faith in this film and hope my faith it repayed. What do you guys think? Feedback would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment